The Doncaster Chamber will host its annual Business Awards virtually on March 12 and will feature dedicated awards for the local NHS, shared between Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals (DBTH) and Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDaSH).
The Doncaster Business Awards is one of the most prestigious ceremonies in the region and the biggest business awards in Yorkshire. In 2021, the Chamber are celebrating the 23rd anniversary of the occasion, celebrating the very best of Doncaster’s business community, with a nod towards health and social care workers in this special virtual event.
Throughout the past 12 months, the efforts of health and social care colleagues across the country have been truly outstanding. The Chamber wanted to recognise these efforts by dedicating a portion of its annual event, sponsored by ORB Recruitment, and the four NHS Awards will be presented in honour of the contribution to those carers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
The nominees were initially selected by colleagues from both organisations via an open voting process, with a final shortlist picked from these candidates put to another round of voting.
The successful nominees from both organisations are as follows:
The Compassionate Care Award:
· Dr Ken Agwuh, Director of Infection Prevention and Control
· Toni Peet, Lung Nurse Specialist
· Miriam Boyack, Infection Prevention and Control Pandemic Matron
· Lisa Robins, Health Visitor
· Claire Fry, Nursery Nurse
The Unsung Hero Award:
· Michael Leng, Head Biomedical Scientist in Microbiology
· Richard Somerset, Head of Procurement
· Adam Tingle, Senior Communications and Engagement Manager
· Emma Dickinson, Health Promotion Practitioner and Single Point of Contact Lead Practitioner
· Jackie Bone, Community Nurse
Outstanding Contribution Award:
· Respiratory Wards, Department of Critical Care and Intensive Care Unit multi-disciplinary team
· Assessment Units multi-disciplinary team
· Emergency Departments
· Team DBTH
The Community Services/Mental Health Team Award:
· Doncaster Health Visiting Team
· Doncaster 0 to 5 Health Visiting and Stop Smoking in Pregnancy and Beyond Service
· Childrens Care Group Doncaster and North Lincolnshire
· Morag McKay Ellison and the team from the Diamond Activity and Therapeutic service in Doncaster
· Planned and Unplanned Community Nursing Team
Speaking in a joint statement, Richard Parker OBE, Chief Executive at DBTH, and Kathryn Singh, Chief Executive at RDaSH, said: “We want to thank our partners at the Doncaster Chamber for recognising our colleagues in this way. The past 12 months have been incredibly challenging, however knowing that we have had the support of the communities we serve has been heartening. We wish we could recognise every NHS and social care worker within the borough, and there will be further opportunities to do this, but for now we are looking forward to the Doncaster Business Awards and celebrating our nominated colleagues, as well as those local enterprises who have shown great resilience throughout last year and into 2021.”
Jade Dyer, Business Director at Doncaster Chamber, said: “Every part of the NHS has rallied to protect patients and save lives. It’s vital that we recognise the NHS staff’s hard work day in, day out.”
The Doncaster Business Awards 2020/21 will take place on March 21 from 6pm until 11pm. For the first time ever, and due to COVID-19 restrictions, the event will be virtual, with nominees and guests watching proceedings via a live stream and fully-catered meals delivered to VIPs. The full shortlist for the ceremony can be found here: https://www.doncaster-chamber.co.uk/doncaster-business-awards/