Doncaster is a town in South Yorkshire. Alongside the town, its surrounding suburbs and settlements form part of the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster.
- Population size: 310,000 (2018, ONS UK)
- Area: 568km²
The Doncaster Place Plan refresh 2019-22 sets out how partners and services will continue to work together to offer coordinated services for local people.
The Place Plan is based on a four layered model, focusing on:
- Supporting communities to thrive: working more closely with the voluntary, community and faith sectors.
- Investing in a range of local, non-clinical services to support the health and emotional wellbeing of local people.
- Developing a ‘front door system’,
- To get people to the right place, first time
- Joining up care and support at home.
- People can recover quickly and easily if they are supported at home
- Protecting specialist services to be used more appropriately.
- To help reduce the demand for hospital and emergency care through better signposting and awareness raising of alternative service